Thursday, March 26, 2009

Perodua Viva...a year after review..

This is an old pic..I changed the rim already
It's been almost a year since I own my 1000cc, manual transmission, Perodua Viva. She have been a 'great' means of transportation for me. Well, it depends on how one justifies the word 'great'.

As for me, a middle-working class citizen, with an average of RM2k monthly income, single but looking forward to start a family which mean I have to save for the 'future event,' renting an apartment with two other apartment mates, having to drive in a cramp city environment, less long distance driving...yup, these definitely justifies the word 'great' for me toward my Perodua Viva.

Since I've drove her for a year, I might as well make a review. Maybe someone out there are thinking of buying Viva as his/her first car. (This was my first car after all)

First thing first, the price.
Ok, to be honest, I think Viva is a bit overpriced for a compact car. Mine is 1.0SX (manual)
. < click it for the spec. If you are hoping for a low monthly installment, make sure you have more for the required 10% down payment. Meaning, at least RM5k or more. Ask the salesperson for a complete calculation. Don't worry, he/she wouldn't mind your cerewet-ness. So be cerewet..hehe

Now..living with it..
- This is a simple compact small car. So don't expect any 'sport car' driving experience when driving it. It was made for practicality and city driving. And it does a splendid job on that. Parking is easy. You can fit in almost any parking space. Even in a tight space and no-parking space. Just beware for the
encik polis..hehe. Turning to a junction or making a U-turn is also easy. It's a small car after all..

- Cornering is quite decent. As I mentioned earlier, this is not a sport car. So don't push her too much. The car suspension systems are made for comfort. It made the car feel wobbly like a boat when driving on an uneven road. If you go over 90 km/h, the wobbliness can be quite apparent and not for the fainted heart as it can be bit scarifying. The fastest I did was 150 km/h only...last only for about 10 second. More than that...hmm..I haven't got married yet...

- They say you can load 5 adults in it. Driver, 1 front seat passenger and 3 rear seat passengers. Well, that is not entirely true though. Actually it's more suitable and comfortable for only 4 average size adults. More than that and your Viva will feel underpower even for a 1000cc engine. But that depends on how you drive
la..the way you shift between gear etc. Unless it's an auto..

- Storage is also not a problem if you are still single like me. But as a family car....I don't recommend it
la. The boot is quite small.

- If you are thinking of doing some modification, then prepare to splash a lot of cash. I'm a man and I have to admit that Viva is a bit girlish. I mean, most of the people attracted to this car are female. I bought this car just for its fuel saving value since petrol was expensive back then. So, if you want to make this car looks more manly....err..make sure you have enough money to buy food by the end of the month. I did try but, I gave up at the end...girlish
pun girlish la..

- Almost forgot, for long distance driving, it can be a real pain.. The sound proofing is just ear blasting. You literally can hear the sound of the engine (reving or not), the sound of the road surface regadless of your tire type when driving, and you have to occasionally shout when talking since it's damn noisy. The seat comfort is ok but the surrounding is just....too..noisy. especially in high speed. I've drove from Klang to Ulu Yam, to LCCT, back and forth and man...make sure to blast your sound system to hide the annoying noise.

So, basically, if you want to own a Viva, make sure you are
1. Single
2. Not a wealthy person. If you are, buy a Swift.
3. Less long-distance driving route.
4. Saving for 'future event'.
5. Has an extra cash for down payment.
6. Doesn't mind being called girlish (if you're a man) by some douchbag who think his/her opinion is worth mentioning.
7. Need a car only as a mean of transportation, not showing off.
8. Proton Basher. (I'm not ok..I bash no car..)
9. Um..not rich..did I wrote that already..well, basically, this is the main reason..hehe..

p/s: I'm giving my Viva to my brother. New car for me..hehe..what car? next post..

8 comments:

  1. i agree with you the Viva is a bit overpriced.

    looking forward to your new car bro hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. sia mo bili satu la mo bw p pasar hihihihi... tapi mahal la... stuju ckp c galivanter n guong.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ya ka..hehe..memang tu la tujuan tu viva, p pasar tapi mahal tul..sana jipun ada tu kan, nama dia Avy Mira kalau ndak silap..

    p/s: guong tu saya la bah tu hehehe..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bukan a bit overprice la.. Extremely overpriced.. Not believe me google you find out how much we have been fooled by Government this while until a lot of people become stupid, unable to consider thing wisely.. This is not politics.. It's about a group of pigs fooling us for 25 years..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ya tuan anonymous, itu sudah lama diketahui..dan psal tu "a bit", tu post 2 tahun yang lalu....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just got a viva and u are true about all aspects.. funny writing though tc

    ReplyDelete