Wednesday, August 19, 2009

What to do? Self quarantine?

No...I'm not infected with H1N1. It's just that H1N1 is running rampant out there and being a health-conscious person (or at least that's what I think..), maybe I should stay home more.

But, it's boring!! What to do?

Sleep? Eat? Watch T.V? Internet? Play video game? Play guitar?

my dust covered PS2 joystick.
Video game...hm.... I was once quite a heavy gamer. Spending countless hours of my spare and not-so-spare time on PS2 and PC game. But now, I'm getting mellow. Maybe it just grew out of me...maybe... I still play though..occasionally..or rarely. My PS2 is already covered with dust.

Come to think of it, I've played a lot of video games; mainly PS2 title. My favorite would be RPG, action adventure and football (also known as soccer by those who dislike this sport).

Only a very subtle lovey-dovey story, the rest are genius.
For RPG, first on my list would be the Final Fantasy (FF) series. Yes, FF is somewhat tedious. All those leveling up, exploring the game map, side quests etc. Yet the story line which unravels along the game-play is what keeps me glued. My favorite would be FF-XII because it doesn't have the cheesy love story in it like its previous series. It was more political. My cup of tea.

kill on sight...
Action Adventure game; my current favorite is non-other than (GOW) God Of War I and II. I might as well buy a PS3 just so I can play the GOW III. I also like Metal Gear Solid (MGS) series because the story line was so well executed. Way better than FF and GOW. GOW won the action element though due to its action pack game-play. But my all-time favorite would still be MGS. The story line was so intense and pure genius. One got to play to know what I meant by 'pure genius'. No, I'm not exaggerating.

FIFA '10... Not yet released though, looking forward on this one.
Football, my most played game since it's a simple put-cd-in-PS2-and-play kinda game. I was a fan of Winning Eleven but since FIFA '08 came out, I liked the latter better now. The current Wining Eleven title seems to lost its 'touch'. But if I was playing against other player (my friend etc), Winning Eleven is better. FIFA is not really user interface friendly. The loading time for FIFA '08 is a bit long for my liking. But the better-variety-control game-play kept me on the joystick. The best part in playing Wining Eleven or FIFA is, I can stop whenever I want without struggling to reach a 'saving point' like the other games.

Well...all of those gaming are in the past now. The only game I play (occasionally) now is FIFA '09. Got to work more (less gaming) so I can fork more money. Mau kawin maa..hehe

No comments:

Post a Comment